Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Long Haul

I'm have nothing new to share this week. My Robson is coming along, but slowly. Winter break starts tomorrow so I hope to do some binge-watching with my daughter, so I should be able to finish it up painlessly.
The fabric that Sequence Knitting makes is really unusual and pretty. I finally got a close-up that gives you an idea:
I also expect to finish Middlemarch before the next Yarn Along. I'm on page 680 out of 800. This is truly an amazing book -- and still relevant, about 150 years later. It's a very socially conscious novel that examines wealth inequality, personal debt, and class issues. But that makes it sound very academic. The characters are complex and fascinating, and the plot keeps you turning the pages.

I'm linking up with Ginny to Yarn Along.

11 comments:

  1. Love the effect sequence knitting created! Definitely on my to-knit list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is beautiful fabric! I'm hoping to get some classics into my reading line-up for 2017. So many books...so much knitting and stitching...so little time! Enjoy your break from school!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for winter break! Used to be my favorite time of the year. That last day was always magical-especially if there were some flakes involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love George Eliot. I discovered her in college. Such a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that book has been on my a-list for so long....really must make it happen in 2017. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, that book is on my to read list. I might read it because of your review! Happy start of your break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your material is especially pretty in that yarn, and your book report inspires me to at least want to try to read what you are reading! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may have to check out that book after the first of the year. My goal for next year is READ MORE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for Winter break and more snow tonight. We hope to snowshoe with Al tomorrow morning. A new Christmas Eve event in our new Lake Geneva life! I love your knitting. Must go ask al if she's read MIDDLEMARCH

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish fro a winter break. Little B is out of school and my older boys are home but I am still working! Love your knitting my friend. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete