Friday, December 23, 2016

Five on Friday

I've been wanting to get in on the Five on Friday fun, but it's so hard when I'm working. Today, however, I'm enjoying the second day of winter break, so here I am!
1. Last night, we celebrated Hanukkah early. It was the only night that my son is going to be around. Today he's flying to Israel for a few weeks. My parents came over to celebrate with Keith, myself, and my two kids. Nagi is the the only family member who didn't object to be photographed. He really enjoys playing dreidel!
2. Of course, there were presents. Among other things, my mom was kind enough to indulge my love of Gudrun Sjoden with a gift certificate, which came in this gorgeous card.
3. I had to run some errands today, so I stopped in to pet some yarn at Knit Circus and chat with owner and talented dyer, Jaala Spiro. I added this gorgeous cowl to my queue: the Contravene Cowl.  I feel a case of startitis coming on.
4. I've started a new embroidery project of my own design.

5. And while my son is off, my daughter is visiting from Miami, so I'm looking forward to some quality time with her.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's Five on Friday's at Love Made My Home.

Happy holidays to all of you!

13 comments:

  1. I was delighted to visit your lovely blog today. I'm coming from the Five on Friday link.

    Your kitty is really keeping his eye on that dreidal. And I do like the beginnings of your embroidery project. Lovely colours, as are the shades in your cowl hanging from the shelf.

    Wishing you happy Holidays with loved ones.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hanukkah to you! Love the picture of your cat - he has his eye on the dreidel. I can see why you want to knit the cowl - it's so very pretty. Enjoy your break!

    Happy Five on friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hanukkah, Deborah. Glad you had some good family time. Giroux sends Nagi a very happy Catmas too!

    Wishing you (and yours) a blessed and joyful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Hanukkah, Deborah. Glad you had some good family time. Giroux sends Nagi a very happy Catmas too!

    Wishing you (and yours) a blessed and joyful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Hanukkah, Deborah!! I hope you enjoy your school break and spend lots of time with your daughter (and of course I wish you good knitting time!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Hanukkah! The new embroidery project looks very interesting. I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Hanukkah. Glad you get your kids around you. Can I sniffle and cry next week when mine leave? I tell myself I dont want them to live with me anymore but I still go through sadness when they fly away. I just wish they lived near me. I can hope for someday....for now I need to have a good attitude. At least they have come in for Christmas and we are having such fun. Zach taught us to salsa dance last night. Al and Troy and I snow shoed this morning....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Hanukkah my friend. Have a blessed holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitty is beautiful, and obviously Jewish since he's so interested in the dreidal. Love your embroidery project. I hope we'll get to see the final result.

    Happy Hanukkah to you and yours. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Hanukkah, Deborah!! How lucky you are to be so close to Knit Circus that you can just 'drop in'!!! :) Love the new project you chose......nothing wrong with a little case of startitis during the holiday season. Enjoy those kiddos....and hope your lovely season continues right through 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Hanukkah! I am feeling the castonitis coming on as well. I guess we just have to go with it, as I hear there is no cure.
    Your embroidery if gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Hanukkah! It is almost time for me to light our third Hanukkah candle, and I have been happily thinking about you and your family and the friend and her family who sent me a musical dreidel and a mini menorah with birthday cake sized candles and a Messianic Jewish calendar, as I celebrate Hanukkah with you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was delighted to find a kindred spirit in blogland...caffeine, yarn, knitting and kitties!!! I haven't tried playing dreidel with Maggie but that is now on my list! :) I popped over from Five on Friday but have not participated for a while with a generally out of sorts life going on. Things are settling down and I look forward to Five on Friday again and meeting new friends. I will be following your posts now and look forward to a new friendship.
    Hugs for now from snowy New Hampshire, and hoping you have a Spectacular New Year!
    (https://pinkopossumstudio.blogspot.com - just in case I come up as a no response blog - never could figure out how to fix that)

    ReplyDelete