Saturday, December 3, 2016

Seeking Peace

I rarely join in Knit-A-Longs. Too much pressure! As a special ed teacher, I already have more deadlines in my life than I can comfortably meet. So, you know that a KAL has to be extra special to draw me in.

A couple days ago, I was reading through my email and something in a message from Knit Circus (a yarn company based here in Madison) caught my eye: The Project Peace KAL. The brainchild of Christina Campell, this project combines knitting a cowl with daily reflections aimed at bringing peace to ourselves and the world around us by extension.
I had not heard of Christina, who blogs at The Healthy Knitter, but I already love her design and this project. You can check out the pattern here on Ravelry. I shopped my stash and found the skein of Pumpkin Pie sock yarn that you see here. It was gift from my dear friend in California, Joni, so it's extra special.

It's not too late to join. Really. You can start with the Dec. 1 post right here.

12 comments:

  1. Posted on the same subject! I just found out about the Project Peace yesterday, so due to Christmas Hat knitting overload, I'm going to do this in January. I love to celebrate white and simplicity then and I'll do the cowl up in white, so I think that fits. Thanks for adding me in your Creative Yarns list, muchly appreciated! https://lovelyyarnescapes.blogspot.com/2016/12/simply-saturday-project-peace.html?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this project this morning am going to participate in a couple of days after I finish a couple other projects. I also heard about it from a local store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm ready to start mine, too....as soon as i find some good yarn in the stash. (I'm on a stash-buster kick again.....sometimes makes it hard to choose the project first!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had that email here at my local yarn store. I did not join but I thought it was a brilliant idea. We could all use some peace these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at the blog posts and the pattern and I am ashamed to admit that I can't relate because I am not in a peaceful place and don't want to be. I am still full of seething anger about the sh**storm we are caught up in. Maybe it's that I am here in DC or maybe it's because I am old enough to remember the unrest of the 60's when our lives were torn apart from bad politics but it is all too close to home and too fresh for me to let go of. I am not ready. There is a fight to fight and I have got to keep my dander up. Love the cowl though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Project Peace will be the first KAL that I've joined. I started knitting the cowl on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the Peace Project! I've added the blog to my blogroll and want to follow the peace prompts...even if I do not knit the cowl right away, although I did download the pattern....I do want to think about peace and how I can experience and share it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to follow your progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! I am waiting to knit mine till later, but enjoying the peace prompts daily. Something definitely needed these days.

    Caught up on your posts after I was out of town - sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful project. I hope it does, indeed, bring you peace. I know my knitting sure does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving this KAL as well, and especially her blog posts. With all the uncertainty, it feels good to be thinking peaceful thoughts with so many other knitters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the pattern in my library but I have too much other knitting to get down before Christmas!! So maybe afterwards I'll dive in... love your yarn!

    ReplyDelete