Sunday, December 4, 2016

It's Beginning to Look a Bit Like Winter

This was the scene I had to turn my back on yesterday afternoon. Though I don't think you can tell from the photo, snow was falling steadily. The perfect Sunday afternoon to stay home and curl up with a book or some knitting.
But no. I had committed to a craft fair, so I headed on inside to a windowless room to try to sell this:
And this:
I did sell two things -- but one was to my Mom, so I'm not sure that counts. (I do give her plenty of homemade gifts, but she bought a gift for someone else. Just saying.)
I did finish up a sock -- the first in a pair. And lots of people I know stopped by, so it wasn't a terrible afternoon. Still, I'm a bit sad about missing staying home on a snowy afternoon.

13 comments:

  1. Your beadwork is just so gorgeous and a real bargain for how labor intensive it is.
    Yay for your snow! I need a bit of it. Just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every sale counts! I bet your Mom knows better than most how much work is involved. I don't envy you the snow. We've dodged it so far, which is fine with me. As far as I'm concerned it can snow on December 24th and 25th and then go straight into spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snow looks so beautiful! None here yet :( And, I am sorry about your slow (?) sales. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beadwork is gorgeous. Sorry it was a slow fair. Love the color of you sock. And, yes, we need a bit of snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is beautiful, but your beading is gorgeous and you got to meet up with people and finish a sock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those necklaces are so fashionable. !! They will sell! I stayed in until 4 then I shoveled our new long long long driveway. It was fun. It was silent. It made me feel good to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work on the necklaces and the sock! The wintery photo seems so dreamy, especially where I am...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful craftsmanship. They will sell.
    I think I would miss staying in on a gorgeous snowy say as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOur work is amazing, I think those necklaces are gorgeous. The snow looks so beautiful, like you were shaking a snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how I wish we had some snow. We had rain and freezing rain last night...boo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your creations! No snow here yet; in fact the sky is blue; but it is predicted for tomorrow. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had some reward for venturing out in the snowy world to participate in the craft fair. I admire your work! We have a little snow on the ground but are having an icy misty rain which is more common for us here at the foot of Mt. Hood, on which the snow is deep, and the skiing is grand :)

    ReplyDelete