Sunday, December 11, 2016

Not Quite a Snow Storm

We were supposed to get 9 or more inches of snow this weekend, but we'll have to settle for a mere four to five. But, it is pretty
The sky has been gray, but I was cheered by this fabulous package of homemade goodies from Araignee of Araignee's Tangled Web.
From top left: First there is heavenly scented Sleigh Ride Mike Bath. That incredibly cute box with the knitting sheep holds three of her amazing soaps: Cranberry Fig, Hot Cocoa, and Sleigh Ride. The box is tied up with two stitch markers. The tin holds Fresh Snow Lotion Bar. And that artistic bar of soap is Glycerin Facial Soap.
Thank you SO much, Araignee! I am so touched by these beautiful -- and artfully packaged -- gifts. You could sell this stuff! As good as it looks online, it is even better when you can smell and touch it. And your timing is amazing. Just last weekend, a friend clued me in on all the horrible ingredients in beauty products -- like parabens and sulfates -- so I am excited to have some safe products right here at my fingertips!

Expecting to be snowed in, I figured I'd take care of addressing cards and wrapping presents.

Though, I think Naji enjoyed it more than I did.

Fortunately it didn't start snowing until Saturday afternoon, so my drawing group was able to meet as planned in the morning. A few off us went to the student union, where there was -- no surprise -- a whole lot of studying going on:
This coming week will be one for handknits with highs as low as 9 degrees.

11 comments:

  1. I wish I had 4 inches!! We have a "dusting". I'll take anything :) LOvely package and look at all of those presents wrapped and ready to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow, and you're right, your cat does look like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Araignee's soaps are WONDERFUL, aren't they??? The glycerin face soap is almost too pretty to use!

    Your drawings are so cute. You would make neat cartoons (New Yorker style, but with COLORS!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was fast!! And in all that snow. The USPS rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet those soaps smell amazing. Just before I got on the computer I used some of the lotion bar she sent me, my hands are so happy! I am missing snow, it is warm and humid here, not really Christmas weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Araignee's soaps are so wonderful - love them. You will enjoy, I know. And snow!! It was cold, cold, cold over the weekend, but I only saw a few tiny flakes. It warmed up overnight to just above freezing and then it rained. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snow looks pretty! we got quite a lot of snow here in Toronto over the weekend it looks so nice. I love the sheep knitting pin it is so cute! looks like you got a lot of wrapping done! congrats I still have quite a bit of wrapping and shopping to do :( Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. That much snow would shut this place down for a long time. A mere inch makes the newspaper! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay warm and thank goodness for hand knits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb's gifts are so great. How perfect was her box for you!???!!
    I loved the Wisconsin snow! I shoveled even tho I didnt have to. It felt good. I also wore myhat in the hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how I miss Memorial Union! I rarely actually studied there, though. Thanks for sharing your sketchbook. What a thoughtful parcel of goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete