Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Makings

This week, "making" fits both my knitting an my reading.

I am working a few rows a day on my Robson scarf. I like it better as it grows. And I love anything in raspberry pink! It would be growing faster if I weren't also working daily on the Project Peace cowl. But, hey, what's the rush? There's a lot of winter left!
I was able to get my hands on the latest issue of Making magazine. Why is this so hard to get? It's such a lovely publication. There is a really interesting article in this issue about homesteading. It's one of those things that I love to read about but know that I don't have the dedication to do.

Don't forget to check in with Ginny for Yarn Along today. And look at her previous post, too. She has some amazing gift ideas for children and adults a like!

11 comments:

  1. I have never seen Making magazine. It sounds interesting. Steve and I had thought about homesteading years back, but because of his job, could never make it happen. Now I feel we are too old to be starting that big an endeavor. I still do like getting way out in the country though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are far from being homesteaders but we are in the middle of the woods which has been a big jolt to my suburban soul. I admire those who make a go of the land. The little we tried to do when we first moved here was a big fail. We can't even keep up with the leaves and the only herd we have are cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors of the yarn you are using! I want to find that magazine!
    And I haven't forgotten you ! lets meet in January when things slow down???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am kicking myself that I did not sign up for a subscription of Making. I will not make the same mistake next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second time today that Making magazine was mentioned. Guess I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting magazine. How's your shawl coming; I'm using sock yarn, too, so it's slow going even on #5 needles. Love the Robson scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Robson scarf is gorgeous - love the color(s) in it. I did order (and received) the first issue of Making and then I promptly forgot about it. How does the second issue compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second issue is not as good. Good, but not great.

      Delete
  8. The homestead article is interesting and helps me value my rural upbringing even more. The making process is important to me...even if the results of my efforts do not live up to the grand opus in my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard of that magazine but have never seen it in the store. I wish I could find some time to knit, this week has kicked my butt!

    ReplyDelete