Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Quick Fix

By "fix" I mean as in chocolate or caffeine. I'm in the middle of a few very long, slow projects knit with fingering weight yarn and wanted to finish something! So I took a page out of Meredith's book and started an Interrupted Cowl with Universal Yarns Bamboo Bloom yarn.

This a great knit -- perfect for TV watching. The green is a bit neony for my taste, but overall I like the yarn.

Still reading and loving Middlemarch by George Eliot. On 500 of 800 pages.

We are experiencing a very cold cold-snap in the Upper Midwest. Right now, a little after noon, the temperature is 14 -- but it feels like 2 with the wind chill. Tomorrow is going to be even colder. There is a silver lining: I am wearing lots of hand-knit items at work and home.

Five and half school days until winter break!

I'll be joining with Ginny today to Yarn Along.

10 comments:

  1. So pretty and colorful - I really like your cowl. Believe your cold weather is headed our way -- 20's forecast for tomorrow and teens on Friday with wind. No snow though (I wish we'd get some!!). Yay for your break coming soon - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love it when I can wear all the hand knit items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hand knit slippers on my feet. The wind is serious out there. I just LOVE the winter landscape here in the woods. I looked for shooting stars last night but the moon on the breast of the new fallen snow...you know...gave that luster of midday to objects below!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrrrr.......I can't imagine it. It's going to get cold here this week but we are talking 20's. That's a heat wave compared with what you are dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made a couple of these cowls. I love knitting them, but I don't really like wearing them. I gave them all away.

    Yours is a very pretty color. The ones I made were much more pastel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One funny thing I read today - being cold burns more calories. Perhaps the only bonus to this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember those chilly days from living in Michigan, brrrrr...... I am loving the Interrupted Cowl, it is fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your five and a half days go super fast!! Lovely knitting and I hope you have loads more to cast on when you are on vacation time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been addicted to those cowls and have made 9 of them with 2 more to go. Yours is a color I've not seen; what is it? I also learned that King Cole sells the same yarn it seems under the name Bamboozle.Stay warm! And here's to a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheering you on with your quick fix and the countdown to school break! I admire your stalwart cold weather endurance! The Portland, OR, area has a moderate climate for the most part. Even an inch of snow can set folks in a tizzy here. When I remember my 30+ years in MA, MO, NY and CO I am amazed at the spin we get in here :)

    ReplyDelete