Friday, December 9, 2016

My Girls

I have been devoting most of my craft time to the project I call "My Girls." I know, it's not a very interesting name, so I'm waiting for something brilliant to come to me. (Feel free to suggest something better than My Girls.)
So, here is girl No. 1. Her eye doesn't look weird in real life; it's just the wrinkle in the fabric. She is destined to be appliqued onto a quilt.
She evolved from some doodles in my sketchbook. I have to say, it is more fun embroidering something that I designed than someone else's designs -- even though there are gorgeous designs out there.
Girl No. 2 is even more of an experiment. I'm going to try making her into a pillow doll.
Did you notice what she is carrying?
Neither girl is complete yet. But they are getting close.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! They are beautiful!! And the yarn basket! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their long, flowing hair. Their jumpers are adorable! I love the Fair Isle on Lady #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Love everything about them...and especially the basket of yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza!!! The girls are just spectacular! Uh, oh, that sounds a bit weird if you watch Seinfeld, I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! That yarn basket is so so adorable!!!
    The "girls" remind me a bit of those nesting dolls that fit inside each other. And remind me a bit, for some reason, of paper dolls...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your making maidens are precious. Your creativity inspires me. Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so much talent! I could not ever do that. Allison wants an embroidery started kit for Christmas , So I obliged. I think she'll love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girls are gorgeous and I look forward to seeing what they become.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your young ladies are beautiful my friend.

    ReplyDelete