Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Unraveled Wednesday: Car Knitting

All I have to show is a finished sock, the one I keep in the car.

You have one, too, right? It's for long drives (when someone else is driving) and waiting in doctors' offices. This is a simple Hermoine's Everyday Sock in Plymouth Yarn's Splash. I love this yarn. It's very pretty and squishy, if a bit splitty.

I'm almost done with Dark Matter by Black Crouch. It is being heavily marketed at Barnes & Noble and I fell for it. Mistake. The plot does move quickly, but the characters are flat and the "science" isn't very believable
As you can tell, The Sixth Extinction, by Elizabeth Kolbert, went to Copenhagen with me (thus the messed up edges). It reviews past mass extinctions that have occurred and then moves into the current situation, in which many species are disappearing quite rapidly. It's beautifully written and fascinating. Obviously, it's not the most cheerful book.

Do join in with Unraveled Wednesday. It's easy, just jump over here.

13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color for your Hermione's.

    I have a travel tote ... my projects that are toteable stay in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to download that pattern! Your sock looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you named the yarn you're using because I love it! I'm knitting with some speckled yarn now and already looking around for my next speckled skein. I'm also glad you shared your thoughts on Dark Matter; I've considered it, but have no patience for flat characters and crappy science.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sock. I like the cheerful color of the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than a well worn book

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Hermoine's look great in that yarn. You can really see the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sock! Thanks from me, too, for naming the yarn - it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have a "travel sock" best thing ever! And, I think you need a bit of a book reward of something fun to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colorway and pattern are a perfect match I think! Book review on my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I joined with the Unraveled link

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for another beautiful sock completed! You are a brave reader. Yesterday I was given the book, "Praying Through the Names of God," by Dr. Tony Evens. I am fascinated to read that Scripture lists 85 names of God.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your travel sock, I do not keep a project in the car, but I always pack a project in my purse. I make sure I have a lace project going on that is light and airy and can be squeezed into my bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sock looks good hope you can get the second one done before too long

    ReplyDelete