Sunday, July 2, 2017

This is Ewetopia

On Saturday, Keith and I decided to head up to Viroqua for the day. It's a town in the Driftless Region, which is hilly and pretty because it was not flattened by any glaciers. My main goal was to sketch, but I'm still working on that drawing.

However, there was another draw:
This is Ewetopia! It is both a brand and a store. The store is gorgeous -- airy and comfy and filled with yummy yarn. There is a wonderful are for knitting and another for children to play. Everywhere you turn, there are are surprises, like handmade pewter buttons.

The business is owned by Kate Ashley Wright (right) and her mom, Lisa Ashley. They are so warm and friendly; you just want to sit down with them and knit!
Ewetopia yarn is beautiful. The colors are luscious and the yarn is soft and inviting. Kate and Lisa also write patterns. Last year, I knit up the Winter Ridge Poncho, using their pattern and yarn, and it is both beautiful and wearable. I haven't been to the store before; fortunately for me, they vend at the Madison Knitting Guild once a year.
I spent a ton of time wandering around the store and petting the yarn!
Aren't the Ewetopia colors beautiful? And isn't Ewetopia a brilliant name?
If you're not driving distance from Viroqua, don't worry. You can visit the store virtually and shop online here.

So, do you think I bought anything?

13 comments:

  1. It is brilliantly named! Thanks for the link. I resisted buying anything during this visit but I loved window shopping :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you DID!!!! LOL

    That looks like a wonderful store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewetopia is a clever name, and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you did? Maybe not? You seem to have better self control than I do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....I could spend a fortune in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you bought yarn!!! How could you not? I'll check out their online store. THANK You for the link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh- Ewetopia indeed. How did you make it out of there without buying all the yarn. Thank you for sharing this beautiful shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, look at that. You must have bought yarn... I would have bought yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must've bought some yarn-I sure would have!
    Beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Thank you for introducing me to Ewetopia! That is a fantastic name, and my guess is that you bought at least one or two of those gorgeous skeins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you bought something!!! Or else we would have to check you for a fever...Lovely shop and looks like a welcoming place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever/great name...gorgeous colors...inviting looking place. You had better have bought something!! No one could resist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What knitter could resist? Sounds like a place to visit the next time we come to WI.

    ReplyDelete