Monday, June 12, 2017

Beads and Byes

I know you can't really tell, but take my word for it: This car is covered with Swarovsky crystals.
I had a quick trip the annual Bead & Button show in Milwaukee because back in January, I had signed up for a class. I'm glad I made the trip because I love the bracelet I learned to make:

It isn't that hard, just basic off-loom weaving with leather and Delica beads. But I can't stop admiring the result.
I've already started making a second one:
But I don't think I'll be able to finish it until I get home from Copenhagen. We catch the bus to O'Hare at 5:30 tomorrow morning. I think I'm done packing, but I better make one more check!

I won't be sad to leave behind this weather: 90 degrees every day. And we don't have air conditioning! I actually don't mind most of the time -- but I don't do much cooking when it's this hot. In this weather, Nagi needs lots of extra naps. His favorite spot is my chair on the screened porch:
It's hard to imagine that just a few morning ago I needed that blanket for warmth!

I probably won't be blogging from Copenhagen because I'm not taking a tablet or computer. I hope you all have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. Bon voyage. Take lots of pictures to share with us when you get back.

    Nagi looks so sweet on the chair. I love watching kitties sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage!! Have a fantastic time! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bracelets!

    Enjoy your vacation and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve a wonderful vacation!!! ENOY!!! I love your beaded bracelets!!!!! Love love love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 90 degrees is too hot for me. Just sayin. Love your bracelet and now I'm gonna google directions sometime today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bracelet is gorgeous! Love it. Hoping you are having a fun trip (I'm late to post a comment). Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun! Can't wait to hear/read about it!! Your Nagi looks like my Gracie!! Hot here too and while I have AC, the unit/system is too small to keep up. I do not enjoy the heat but what choice do we have? At least we are on break!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bracelets are lovely, a tiled feeling! Enjoy your trip and relief from the heat. I'm impressed you aren't usually bothered w/o AC! Can't wait to read about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beaded car is flashy, and your beadwork is impressive.! I got a bead loom several years ago and have been overwhelmed thinking about how to use it with those microscopic beads. Your artistry always inspires me!
    Wishing you a safe and happy trip and looking forward to your report about it 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that bracelet and hope you are having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have the best time. Don't worry about blogging...just enjoy being in Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are having a great trip. The bracelets look brilliant and the car very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete