Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Stitching & Listening Outdoors is the Best

I couldn't help but snap another shot of backyard stitching after work yesterday. The yellow puddle of yarn is a Lambkin Lid from Drop Dead Easy Knits. I'm using a Encore DK weight. I like to use sturdy, washable yarn for children.
The sock is Idlewild, also from Drop Dead Easy Knits. The product is cute, but it's a bit tedious of a knit. I'm determined not to let it become a UFO, so I try to knit a few rows every day.

Idlewild is written by one of my favorite designers, Kirsten Kapur. I like her designs so much that I'm going to try a mystery knit-along for the first time. She has a mystery shawl KAL starting June 15. It'll be a bit tricky because I'll have to find a café with WiFi.  Have I mentioned that I'm going to Copenhagen next week?

Don't you love the basket? It's my new way of keeping my focus on just a few projects at a time. Plus, it's easy to carry stuff in and out of the house.

As for listening, I've been making my way through King Leopold's Ghost on Audible. It is devastating and enlightening. It explains why African nations today have so many challenges.

Three more days to summer!

12 comments:

  1. I had completely forgotten that you are off to Copenhagen (jealous? Yes - my grandfather was from Denmark). Your knitting looks great (love all the colors). I haven't yet mastered knitting outdoors - I'm too aware of ants, slugs, etc. But I'm determined to do that this year. I had not hear of King Leopold's Ghost - just looked it up on Amazon and it looks very good. Safe travels! Have fun! Buy yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encore is a great yarn for children's knits. I've knit several Baby Surprise Jackets with it. I'm afraid that sock pattern wouldn't make it into my knit basket - I prefer plain Jane socks. Yes, baskets are good for corralling projects.

    Safe travel and take LOTS of photos to share when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your basket and the portability. You're giving me ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idlewild may be tedious, but it sure LOOKS great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Copenhagen? Cool!!!
    I love your basket idea. I may just have to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love Denmark! Have a fabulous trip. I am with you on washable yarn for kids; all it took was watching one gk eating spaghetti in a handknit sweater.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Copenhagen! Oh, yay! You will have a lovely time! I look forward to seeing your photos of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes! I have a little basket I used to tote from room to room! I must dig it out and keep my favorite knitting close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need a litte basket too! I am so excited for you and your trip! I hope we get to hear all about it. ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are closing in to the end of the school year, good luck today on the last day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Summer. That basket is a great idea. I might have to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The book sounds intriguing. I like keeping my projects in baskets and took two little baskets camping with me last week. 🤗

    ReplyDelete