Monday, June 26, 2017

Not the Best for Blogging

So, I'm doing the Through the Loops Mystery Shawl KAL 2017. It's been a fun knit so far, but I've realized it's a terrible match with blogging. Why? You can't show any spoiler photos of the shawl. So this is what I can show you:
Pretty boring, huh?

But I can tell you all about my breakfast this morning: the Morning Detox Smoothie.
It comes from my newest cookbook acquisition, Oh She Glows Every Day by Angela Liddon. I love her first cookbook, so I was thrilled to discover she'd come out with a second one.
Her recipes are all vegan, and this second book also has a lot of gluten-free recipes, too. I am neither vegan nor gluten free, but I do try to include a lot of vegetables in my diet, so vegan cookbooks work out well for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to make my first green smoothie. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it just seems like such a healthy thing to consume!

Lastly, thank you all so much for your kind words about my sketches. It really boosts my confidence because I am such an amateur!

8 comments:

  1. I love your yarn choices - those colors will look stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making chunky fruit smoothies in the morning myself. I am late to that trend as well as the iced coffee thing. Who knew it was so good. I'm hooked now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read her blog .........I don't do smoothies, but that one does look quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will stay tuned for the unraveling Mystery as it knits up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to let me know what you think of the book- I am vegetarian many times during the week (five days?). Mysteries are fun for knittin, can't wait to see the big reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe book looks interesting and I hope the recipes you consume leave you glowing 🤗 I look forward to you solving your knitting mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookbook does look interesting. Like you, I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, but we eat a ton of veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not much of a cook; recipe books don't call me! It can be boring to be eating the same old stuff, tho, so I get the idea gathering. Nice looking yarn for the KAL!

    ReplyDelete