Friday, June 9, 2017

Ah, Summer!

For me, summer starts officially this afternoon, seeing as today was the last day of school. I will have to go back to organize and clean, but that's easy stuff.

I celebrated with a pitcher of Rishi iced tea, peach rooibos.
And I admired my new t-shirt. I'm sure you can see why I HAD to have it:
I wasn't planning to buy any shirts at all, but last night I went to a Night Market (a street fair held in the evening) with a friend and I could not resist this adorable T!

And speaking of shirts, I'm embroidering another one. You can't tell, but it's blue chambray.
I finished the Lambkin Lid, destined for an August baby. This is the toddler size and it seems large, so I think I'll make a baby one, too. It's one of those projects that flies off your needles!
And last, but not least, I went stash shopping for yarn to use in the Through the Loops Mystery Shawl 2017.  Kirsten Kapur recommends using solid yarns for this pattern. Most of my fingering weight is self-patterning or variegated. I was surprised I was able to find two solids that would work together.
Tomorrow I'm off to take a class at the Bead & Button Show in Milwaukee. I may visit the market there, too!


13 comments:

  1. I just finished a cup of green roiboos myself. It's my go to when things heat up. That tee is absolutely a must have. I'd have brought it home too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to kick off summer break!! I have 4 more days with kids plus graduation and a work day, so almost there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery stitches are so perfect!!!

    Have fun at your class tomorrow and congrats on making it through another year of school! Hope your summer is restful and filled with all the things you love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The T-shirt is amazing and FUN! It will be fun to watch your progress in the KAL, especially with the yarn you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome shirt....and my last day isn't until Friday...darn snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are definitely starting your summer off right!!! fun fun fun! (I DO love that t-shirt....how could you resist?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Summer my friend. So glad you get a break from school and you can rest and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidery is gorgeous (as are the other projects).
    I hope you have a brilliant summer. Hope the class went well and you got to the market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your new shirt, and I can see why you bought it ;) yay for summer vacation! love it to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new tee and your stitching is so pretty. Happy summer vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I LOVE your new tee! And, your stitching! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Summer yes! I love your new tee also. The embroidery is amazing ! I must say I like the tiny bit I worked on for a pillowcase. But the needle was hard to push through. I have to work on that
    Tell us all about the BUttons and beads please!

    ReplyDelete