Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Pleasure of Process Knitting

It isn't often that I go for a whole week without posting, which tells you what these last weeks of school are like for special ed. I was unprepared for how hectic these weeks would be with finals and trying to help kids with final projects and assignments.
Maybe that's why I wanted some knitting that would be pure pleasure. I fell in love with Quill, a hat in the most recent Taproot, and I just cast it on on a whim. I'm using Tosh Worsted in Composition Book Grey, which is luxuriously smooshy. The pattern and the yarn together are heavenly.

I need some pleasure here as I brought home a pile of work. When I think about the fact that school ends on Friday, I don't know if I'm more excited about summer or worried about getting everything done!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh..........that hat is LOVELY! AND, I HAVE that issue of Taproot. You KNOW I will be casting one of these on.

    Hope the last few days of school aren't too bad and wishing you an AMAZING, relaxing summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I remember the frantic pace at the end of the school year! The hat pattern is a perfect one for relaxing and preparing for summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu will get it done but then will need a big huge knitting break! Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about the difference in end of year in high school compared to middle school. I was completely overwhelmed by it my first year too! Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those last days are crazy! Bitter and sweet. As much as I couldn't wait to see the year end, I was always a blubbering mess on that last day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck this week! And, that hat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sending you peaceful thoughts my friend. I never like the last week of school and all the hubbub and finsihing. It stressed me out. And it wasnt' even a teacher. Peace, feel the breezes, savor a moment when you catch one. I LOVE YOUR KNITTING

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous hat. Here's to as easy a week as it can be! Hope it goes smoothly and wishing you the best summer of relaxing and enjoying life. Time to re-charge the batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I well remember the end of year craziness, and it's been years since i taught, but this time of year is still crazy as other things end as well. Love that hat! Enjoy the knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait for your work to be done so you can chill. Lovely knitting and I hope when you read this you are over half way closer to being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo for knitting through your wild week! I always admire your speed and skill! xx

    ReplyDelete