Friday, May 26, 2017

Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy

Some of you asked about the material I was using to embroider on a linen t-shirt. The answer, of course, is Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy.
I stumbled on it while cruising the Internet, and this site convinced me to try it. You can easily trace onto it with a permanent marker. Then you peel off the backing and you have a sticker that goes right on your fabric. It's very easy to sew through.

You wash it off by swishing it around in warm water (thus, not so good for wool thread). It takes some work to get all the Fabri-Solvy out, but it does come out. In fact, the linen T is hanging in the basement, drying after I swished it for a while.
As you can see, I am already working on the next project: a stylized ocean on a sleeveless denim dress. The kelp "sticker" was large and a bit hard to handle, but I got it on where I wanted it.

Now you know what I'm going to be doing this weekend! (And work. I am actually bringing home my work computer.)

Hope your long weekend is nothing but fun!

9 comments:

  1. I just saw a video of someone using that. It's so cool!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that stuff before. I'll have to check it out. I have a tee shirt that I love that has a tiny stain on it. Some embroidery would cover it up nicely.

    In spite of having to work, I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy. Hope you have a fabulous weekend with time to read, stitch and knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing about your embroidery! Hope you can finish up your work work so you can enjoy the rest of the long weekend! Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any embroidery on denim I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Isnt our Weekend Weather wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea of embroidery on denim! I look forward to seeing the stitching on the linen top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this stuff either - I'm off to look it up. Always love your embroidery. Hope your weekend was fun and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The solvy-stuff is a brilliant idea! I thought I would use it for the embroidery pattern I want to copy from my mom's work. My mom worked her piece on linen, but I am plotting out the pattern so that I can stitch it on 14 count Aida instead. Thanks for sharing your project. I hope your weekend was not overtaken by too much work. Friends were here for a week and left before 6am this morning. The fun filled days flew by fast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. mystery solved...for me! I love your embroidery and I have hopes that one day I will embark in it. After all of my knitting, of course!

    ReplyDelete