Friday, June 19, 2015

Welcome to Virginia, Where It Is Hot

Today I am coming to you from Williamsburg, Va. I am happy to say that I am not here as tourist. Perusing Colonial Williamsburg would be awful today, with a predicted high of 97! The humidity is also sky high.

Instead I am spending time with my brother and his family. They live in a lovely subdivision that has fabulous bike trails and a Starbucks!
As you can see, I've already been there. And right across the street is Knitting Sisters, a great yarn shop. I don't think I have ever left there empty-handed, and yesterday was no exception:
This Louisa Harding yarn, called Noema, is just gorgeous, and I know exactly what I am going to make with it:
You start at the bottom and cast on 324 stitches! But, hey, I am on vacation so I can spend as much time casting on as I want!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh . . . is there anything more perfect? A Starbucks and a yarn store right there too????? Oh yeah .... AND you get to visit with family.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your vacation is off to a lovely start! Enjoy the rest of it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to Virginia! I love it there. Going to visit my daughter is always delightful.
    I love your new knit pick! the book that is in has one wonderful pattern after another!

    Happy cool drinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Virginia for 18 months and the summer was so hot, much hotter than Florida. Love the new yarn. Have fun.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will make a gorgeous poncho. Coffee, yarn and knitting is my favourite combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have lots and lots of fun on VACATION! you deserve it! Love your knitting and that you have time to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo is really calling to me right now, though it's actually very chilly here. It's like 64 degrees and gray. Looks like you picked a lovely combination of yarn and pattern. Looks like a fun vacation knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you found a starbucks and some knitting treasures already...Have fun with your brother and his family!!!

    ReplyDelete