Saturday, June 27, 2015

If You Want to Find Me ...

... look in the dictionary under "klutz." Yep, I fell again.
A little over two years ago, I fell down two stairs in my own house and broke my leg so badly I needed surgery. Yesterday, I tripped at the beauty salon and hit the floor with my right shoulder. The worst part is that I hadn't had my hair cut yet! Instead, they called my husband to come take me to Urgent Care.

Actually, I feel lucky because I didn't break anything this time. I have to keep my shoulder supported, but I can still knit. This is crucial because I leave for Meg Swensen's Knitting Camp on Thursday! On the way home from Urgent Care, we stopped at the yarn store so I could pick up yarn for camp. (Am I a determined knitter or what? Maybe just plain obsessed!) These three skeins will become Meg's Baby Spiral Yoke Sweater.
The sweater is an optional homework assignment. I figure that it makes sense to work on one of her patterns for the camp.

I am very bummed out that I can't ride my bike for at least two weeks -- and maybe as long as eight weeks -- but at least I can walk and enjoy the mid-summer flowers:
My ex-husband's grandmother was a wonderful woman who lived in her own home until she died at age 95. She always said that she wanted to live for one more season to see the flowers. As I get older, I understand her feelings more and more.
Have a wonderful and safe weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon. Glad to read that you CAN still knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hope you're on the mend soon! Glad to hear it's not broken and that you can still knit is a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hope you're on the mend soon! Glad to hear it's not broken and that you can still knit is a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it could have been a really big disaster if you couldn't knit, especially when you are off to that amazing camp. Hope you heal quickly and get your hair cut too.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! Another injury!! Well at least you won't miss knitting camp, and I LOVE that you stopped to buy yarn on the way home from Urgent Care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg's CAMP????!? Thank goodness you can still knit! I can't wait to hear about every minute of the camp....have you been before? That's sort of a bucket list thing for me! :) Mend quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no - for the shoulder, but at least you can still knit! Hope it gets better soon and have a great time at your knitting camp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. I'm so glad there is someone out there like me who falls a lot. I walk now looking down because I do not trust myself. I frequently twist the same ankle over and over again. So so glad you are okay. No hair cut? now that is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no...I hope you are not in too much pain...I'm glad you are still able to knit(and yarn shop)...have a great time at the camp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, I'm so sorry you hurt yourself! Secondly, please stop falling ;)

    Seriously, heal fast. I am grateful that you can knit and enjoy your knit camp experience. Just be careful! We are all wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear you are able to knit, that would be rough if you couldn't. I hope camp is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, I hope that shoulder of yours mends real soon! Lucky you to go to knitting camp with Meg. I think she went to the same high school as I did, or at least junior high. he is amazing, as was her mom. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete