Sunday, May 3, 2015

In Case You Were Wondering ...

... blog friends matter. Thank all of you so much for your kind words and support. Your messages mean a lot to me.

My "loved one" (for lack of a better word) is not doing very well, at least not yet. It is going to take weeks, possibly months.  The doctors in the hospital were not at all helpful, but I was able to find a private practitioner who has gotten treatment going.

I have found that knitting is essential during family illnesses. What else can you do at the hospital? It's hard to read because there are so many interuptions. But the right knitting project can save your sanity. In that vein, I finished knitting my Quicksilver. I just have to weave in the ends and block it:
I am really happy with the pattern and my color choice. So there's one little mood booster!

13 comments:

  1. The right knitting can save your sanity. I wish you all the best of luck for a speedy recovery.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending healing thoughts to your loved one! Love your latest finish and glad knitting has helped to see you through this difficult time. Hugs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your news, and I hope things look up soon! Lovely shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope the new practitioner gets things moving and that things look up soon.
    Agree that knitting can definitely save your sanity - Quicksilver looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear your news. Thank goodness for our knitting. It's certainly good therapy. The shawl looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shawl almost looks a bit candy stripish! Perfect for hospital knitting. Im sorry you are not having great news....hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  7. The repetitive action of knitting can often provide that timely respite from a whirring mind, can't it? I hope things are on the improve for you and your family soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO right. Blog friends are just AMAZING!!!

    Love your Quicksilver. :-) Still sending healing vibes to your family member. I'm glad you found a health practioner that can help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending good thoughts and vibes for your loved one. They are truly lucky to have you there to support and help with the treatment process.
    Knitting is a great way to help you process everything. Your shawl turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sending lots of healthy vibes for your family member. And your knitting is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely project. So sorry to hear the bad news. I hope that everything ends ok and that you are able to knit through it all !

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really good you are able to help support and advocate your L.O./friend. And yes, absolutely wonderful job on the knit. I hope to knit one, someday too. Knit strong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Wishing your family all the best. These things are never easy.

    ReplyDelete