Friday, May 22, 2015

A Rare FO Friday

One downside of having a million or so WIPs is that you can go for a long time without finishing anything. I can't remember the last time I did an FO post. But hats are often quick projects, so here is Gladys.
As you can see, I don't quite have the rim folded correctly. My photographer, also known as my husband, didn't notice, so I think I'll just blame him. Nonetheless, I think you can get the idea.

I think it came out quite well. It's a really simple pattern that works well for socializing or watching TV. The pattern is from Quince & Co. and for once I used the called-for yarn, Chickadee (which just happens to be a Quince & Co. yarn; go figure). I really liked the yarn. It's kind of rustic without the roughness. I could definitely see making another one of these.

I'm sure I'm not the only knitter who is excited about heading into a three-day weekend, even though we are expecting more rain. But I guess I shouldn't complain. I know there are a whole lot of people out there who would love to have all that rain.

I'm looking forward to doing some reading, hanging out with friends and family, and, of course, knitting!

7 comments:

  1. Gladys looks quite snuggly and warm. She's a looker for sure.

    Yep .......looking forward to relaxing with the sticks this weekend. :-)

    Hope you have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hat! I often don't roll that brim up perfectly either. I LOVE your shirt needlework too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out terrific. I am so excited to have four whole days off. The first two were taken up with organizing, getting rid of things and shopping for me son, but as of tomorrow I am taking it easy and knitting or working on my latest crochet sweater. Enjoy your weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Long Weekend...your hat turned out great!!! I like the embroidery on your shirt...was it your work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that quince and co does the cutest designs.....this turned out great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that quince and co does the cutest designs.....this turned out great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your hat and your modeling!!

    ReplyDelete