Sunday, May 10, 2015

Stitching On Sunday: Coffee Anyone?

It has been a windy, cloudy weekend, which I hate in spring. For one thing, I need to get out and start shaping up that mess we call the yard, and it's just too cold for me.

Instead, I've had lots of time for crafting, embroidering mostly. I'm trying to finish up the flour-sack towels that I had ironed designs on. Then they'll all be ready for the holiday season! I love being ready ahead of time.
Why is taking care of a sick person so exhausting? I slept through the night last night then napped this morning from 10 until 11:30. That is ridiculous! We went out to breakfast with Keith's parents and we're going to my parents' for dinner. The best part of the day is that Seth will be joining us for dinner. He survived 7 finals and finished his first year in vet school!

Despite the gray skies, spring is officially here; the tulips are out!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

11 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Im so happy for your son. My sister is a vet! She has a special heart.
    Happy mothers day. Take a well deserved nap!
    I love your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tulips and pretty stitching! Enjoy your time with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tulips! Nothing says spring like tulips! :-)

    Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute towel! I didn't know you also liked to embroider. Hope you had a relaxing day! And I agree, it needs to be warm but not hot to garden......

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty towel. I wish I were that organized, to be making Christmas gifts already. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day to you too! Love the towels and tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job by your son. Rest up and keep your energy up. Happy Mother's Day a bit late.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day for you! Gorgeous towel -- I love the coffee theme. Dealing with illness is exhausting for everyone. Best of luck with the final push this school year, and let's hope for warm weather and sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day... hope the warmth of spring finds you soon. Your embroidery is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embroidery looks great! I'm glad you got to catch up on some rest a bit. Congrats to Seth for getting through such a grind, but a wonderful path!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a lovely mothers Day and congrats to Seth on passing the finals!

    ReplyDelete