Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sitching on Sunday: A Birth of Sorts

A rainy Sunday is the perfect time to stitch on the back porch so I finished the last tea towel:
The pattern is an iron-on from Aunt Martha's, which you can find at just about any craft store. I did a little digging and found out that this company has been making iron-on embroidery patterns since the 1930s. I do find them very, very charming. I always stitch them with six strands of DMC thread.

 This next one is also not an original design. In fact, there's a very good chance that you'll recognize the image:
However, once I finish the part I've transferred, I'm going to take it in a direction that Botticelli never imagined.

Thanks to those of you who commented on the embroidery on the shirt I was wearing in Friday's post. Yes, I did the embroidery, and it is my own design. I looked back and it seems like I said very little about it when I was working on it during the spring of 2014. I will have to do a whole post about it because it is one of my more successful projects!

I know I'm looking forward to a third day of weekending. I hope you are have a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Your stitches are so even and beautiful.

    Enjoy your extra day of "weekend".

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just got an embroidery kit (actually crewel which I haven't done in YEARS!!!) in the mail....i'm 'itching' to start it. Glad to see I have company....I love this vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Steph, I haven't stitched in years, but the more I see of yours... the stronger the pull is.
    Love those tea towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bless you and your rainy attitude. Im embarrassed to say that I was a GRUMPITY GRUMP much of today as it was cold and rainy. I am so over the weather. I want humid, warm porch weather.
    Enough of that. I LOVE your stitching !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, you have a long weekend don't you. I'd be jealous except we had ours last weekend and our weather was gorgeous! Enjoy! I'm always so jealous of people like you who embroider nicely; I think I'm just too impatient!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a towel I can appreciate! I hope you have a lovely extra day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... This makes me want to stitch!!! You do such beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful embroidery. I'm waiting with anticipation to see the next incarnation for Venus too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that tea towel. Now I'm going to have to dig through my transfers in the hopes that I've got that one... Sometimes it's a lot more inspiring to see them stitched up than to look at the red lines!

    ReplyDelete