Friday, May 29, 2015

FO Friday and Family

The second pair of  Trellis Socks is finished. The next step is to get some better photos and then write it up as a free pattern.
I just love the texture in this pattern:
Both pairs I've made have been from Trekking XXL and it's a good pattern-yarn match. These are incredibly squishy socks.

This is shaping up as a great weekend. My brother Michael is visiting from Washington, D.C.  Tonight our parents took us out for dinner at a very sweet French bistro, where we laughed a lot and talked politics.

It's hard not to talk politics in Wisconsin these days, at least for a teacher. Our governor's proposed budget includes a provision that would allow high school dropouts to be certified as special education teachers! Honestly. I am not making this up. I am not exaggerating. So much for all the time and money I spent getting my degree!

8 comments:

  1. WHAT???? No way. Surely that isn't going to pass. I'm pretty passive when it comes to politics, but that's an issue that will even rile ME up!!!
    Love the socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT???? No way. Surely that isn't going to pass. I'm pretty passive when it comes to politics, but that's an issue that will even rile ME up!!!
    Love the socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay .....explain to me how drop outs qualify as Special Ed. teachers!!! Seriously??

    And, I thought Florida politicians disrespected the teaching profession. I think Wisconsin just took the cake!

    Glad you had time with your brother. There is nothing better than family time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in spite of the drop-outs teaching special ed, it's so great to hear you and your family were able to share lots of good food and laughter...Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not like WALKER one bit. I love that photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks. I can't believe that about the special ed teachers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, that is one heck of a crazy sock. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Walker sure isn't a fan of education; we've heard what he's doing to UW, practically gutting the institution. Makes me hate to admit I grew up in WI! On a lighters side, I can't wait to see your Trellis pattern.

    ReplyDelete