Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year; New Project

I am so much better at casting on than at attacking WIPs. I have no idea how many WIPs I have floating around my house -- and I don't want to know. Isn't it enough to know I have too many? It's sort of like my weight; I don't have to get on a scale to know I need to improve my eating and exercise habits!

So, even though I have somewhere around a million WIPs, I'm casting on Harriet's Jacket. This really is going to be the sweater that I finish. For one thing, the yarn is super bulky:


This is one skein and it is huge!

And I'm going to make sure it fits. Even though I don't intend to step onto a scale, I am going to duly measure myself and make the right size. Even if it's depressing!



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful blue! I m in the mood for bulky too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is going to be amazing, I love the yarn you have picked for it.
    Hugs and Happy New Year,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the idea of having a nice new sweater will take away all depression from the project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pattern! Great color, too. I've got wips of all types also. So glad Wisconsin won. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing wrong with casting on, I will be your casting on buddy! I have four projects going on at once. Makes me happy and I could start more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blue yarn! I've ignored my wips too and cast on a pair of fingerless gloves yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year and in my opinion there is nothing better than starting a brand new project in the new year. We are all guilty of having those pesky little WIPs sitting around, but sometimes you just have to cast on! Love the beautiful blue yarn and look forward to seeing it all knit into your new sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a most excellent jacket! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY wonderful prizes arrived yesterday> THANK You for the pattern, the gorgeous sock yarn and the surprise chocolate!!! So fun to start the New Year with fun mail!

    ReplyDelete