Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Introducing: Trellis Socks

Well, it's back to life outside the 1%. No one dropped off breakfast at our door this morning. :( But, I think we'll live, even though we are having Arctic temperatures today. Some hardy friends got me out for a walk this morning. There's nothing like strolling through air that feels like 1 degree F to wake you up.

I can finally blog about these, seeing as they have been gifted to my mom.

They are not any old socks. I actually designed them! I wish I could remember exactly where I got the lace pattern. I think it's from one of the Barbara Walker books. I would have documented it if I had known it was going to come out so well!

It's really a very basic, top-down sock. The lace pattern isn't complicated but I find it a bit slow-going. Still, I really love the socks. They are very textury (that probably isn't a word but you know what I mean) and squishy. I'm not sure how much of that comes from the pattern and how much from the yarn, Trekking XXL, one of my faves.

Anyway, I'd like to put it out as a free pattern. Do I need to have it test knitted before doing so?

I can't believe it's already the second Tuesday of winter break. How come vacations weeks go so much faster than work weeks?

I'm linking up with Nicole and crafting on.

10 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I would gladly test-knit them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful socks! I would offer to test knit, but I am so slow on it, it wouldn''t be worth your while! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In general, it's always good to have pattern test knit and (many argue more importantly) tech edited. However, if you're giving it away for free, nobody can really complain, can they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mom's gifted socks. They look amazing.
    Sorry break is going so fast...you are right those free days go faster than regular ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lace! I am sure that you could get it tested if you want, but if you are confident, you may not need to. I think that you designed them makes them an extra special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sock! I'd love your pattern. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your socks and that you designed them and that they are for your mom, how lucky is she?? I put out free patterns that were untested but I was really confident there were no mistakes (there were). I believe that if you asked for money then definitely you should test knit or if you plan on charging on future patterns. But if it is a good will gesture I think it's okay to put it out untested but say it's untested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful socks! What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look fab - 2015 will be the year I conquer sock knitting!! Otherwise I would offer to test knit them you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are a beautiful pattern, well done! I don't think free patterns need to be test knit, but if you wanted to it wouldn't hurt

    ReplyDelete