Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Breaking Resolutions Already

I swore --swore, I tell you! -- that I wasn't going to buy any new yarn. But this skein was just so clearly meant to be mine!

I was at my local craft store -- which has a fabulous selection of yarn -- and saw that Cascade has a new sock yarn. These are MY colors. I HAD to have it.  In my defense, I do get all the self-striping sock yarn knitted up. Sometimes (like maybe now) there is a back log. But I'll get to it at some time.

I have used Cascade Heritage for socks before and I like it. It's thinner than some of the other yarns (think Opal or Trekking XXL), but sometimes that's what you want.

I had to go to work today. This was a disappointment. Given the weather forecast, many of us teachers were sure school would be cancelled. But, lucky us, we work at one of the few districts that didn't close. The high today was -1 F -- and that's without windchill. More than one-third of our students stayed home, so at least it was a quiet day.

There is still hope: Tomorrow morning is supposed to be even colder! I will be checking out the school closings as soon as my alarm goes off in the morning!

14 comments:

  1. It was so cold here in Madison. I was surprised we did not close. What store did you get that at? I love it!
    PS, We should meet and knit sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun colorway. Can't wait to see it knit up.

    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr...that is way too cold for this Florida girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great yarn, I have never seen it before....hmmmmmm! We had two snow days here, I don't think that has ever happened before. Keep warm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Cascade yarn, too, especially since its home is here in the PNW. Great colors for a fun pair of socks; heaven knows, you need 'em to ward off the chill. Hope you get to stay home a knit tomorrow! If not, maybe you'll get out one day sooner next June?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that this is beautiful sock yarn!! I can't wait to see the way it knits up :) Sending warmth your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed that some knitters can make that resolution...and stick with it! I definitely would be just like you. Love the colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sock yarn. Here's hoping you can sleep in tomorrow. Have a 3 day weekend. Celebrate !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. School closing = more knit time, right? I love that yarn. Maybe you can just say the new year started today and not last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your yarn choice and may have added a couple of color ways to my wish list. I hope you were able to stay warm today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo that yarn is so pretty! It would of gone home with me too. Can't wait to see it knitted! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A yarn worth breaking the rules for ;) I really like Cascade sock yarn too; I'll have to keep an eye out for these new colours.

    Bummer about no snow-day for you - you could have just sat and knit this up

    ReplyDelete
  12. Certainly you must forgive yourself for this purchase. I mean who could leave the store without that yarn? It helps to have new yarn especiallyy when you have to go back to work and when it is that crazy cold out.

    Stay warm,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. the high was -1? Um, yeah that's cold. sheesh. I am excited for your new yarn purchase so you will get no chastising from me. It looks fun and you know sock yarn is what dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that is lovely, LOVELY yarn!!!!

    ReplyDelete