Thursday, January 15, 2015

Almost Finished: One Semester, One Sock

If there are awards for bad blog photos, I'm probably going to win one. I took this photo at school, on the heat register in my classroom.

I always keep a mindless sock project at school for meetings and trainings and any other times when I can slip in some knitting. This is a basic cuff-down, cast-on 64 stitches sock.  I'm not at all sure how I got so much knit this semester. It's been a crazy one.

I've gotten lots of compliments on the colorway, which is Optimismus, part of the Opal Smile line. I cannot endorse Opal sock yarn heartily enough. This stuff is gorgeous and it wears like steel. 

Which brings me to the reason it's been almost a week since I blogged: My job is crazy. I swear that if I could blog about my daily life at work, I'd have a book contract. I like the pace. I don't mind putting out fires or working with difficult students. If only there wasn't so much paperwork!

I'm looking forward to catching up with your blogs. TGI almost Friday!

13 comments:

  1. When you retire .....then you can write all the stories from your years of teaching.

    Love the colors on that sock. Very happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that's one of my favorite parts of our 'craft'......catching little moments here and there that otherwise would have been 'wasted'....and end up with something wonderful (and that sock certainly is!!!) Just think.....you are on track for a pair of socks before the school year ends----a pair you never would have had if you didn't have that yarn with you!!!! (the reason I keep yarn in my car!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, the paperwork is killing me. WISH I could keep mindless knitting at work, but our principal frowns on it at staff meetings and staff trainings.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you have some quality stories! There are many a lab meeting when I think to myself...this is some quality knitting time but I cannot see that going down well with the boss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no no i think i would beat you for that award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that sock yarn, really pretty. I like having a pair of vanilla socks on the needles too

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sock is great and I love that you have a simple one to knit on at work. As far as a difficult week, I wish you a peaceful weekend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a good colourway, nice and cheerful. Hope your pace at work settles to less crazy soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I hope you have a three day weekend like I do; I really need this one! Hope to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice sock! I love Opal yarn, too. Hope you have a very relaxing, long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute sock! All the photos I take at work are pretty lame too: lousy messy backgrounds and bad light. Oh well, at least we can knit at work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever to leave a project at school. Those meetings can get long and repetitive, so a knitting project would have helped me stay focused.

    ReplyDelete