Friday, July 14, 2017

Double FO Friday

When you are under doctor's orders to sit around all day, you can get a lot of knitting done! As a result, I have two finished hats to show you.
This first one is the Toboggan Run I was working on earlier this week. Details are here. It's a great pattern if you don't mind miles of seed stitch. I think it's worth it. I love the yarn and tried to get more online, but I don't think it's possible­čś×. It will be a holiday gift. One down!

This is Maayan's Hat. My own design. There are lots of baby hat patterns, but I couldn't find a colorwork style that I liked, so I made up this one:
I don't think it qualifies as a Fair Isle design because some rows have three colors. I've wanted to figure out how to do that. My method is clunky, but it gets the job done. I used Encore DK yarn because it's inexpensive to experiment with, hard-wearing, and washable.
Now I need to get the model over here to see if it fits!

11 comments:

  1. Bravo for the hats and designing! I love how Toboggan Run looks in that yarn, and the only reason I'm not busy searching for some myself is because you've done me the favor of already looking. Your colorwork design looks great; your sitting around/healing time is productive and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both hats are so cute! I love how they turned out! Nothing makes for a quick gratifying knit like a hat! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the colorwork hat - nice pattern and color combinations.

    Seed stitch looks great, but I rarely enjoy knitting it. The Toboggan hat turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both those hats but that colorwork is spectacular. 3 colors? You are so brave...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I have some hats in my Friday post too...love the colorwork....the Toboggan Run hat is very cool looking...the yarn looks like any number of Dr. Who themed Exploding Tardis yarns that are around...I have a few....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I really like the one of your own design, I am in awe of your knitting skill!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Hope you are healing nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You designed a lovely hat. The colors are so pretty together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are being very productive as you heal! Good for you!! Your hat pattern is great. I say it is fair isle. TOboggan Run looks super warm. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The seed stitch worked great with the yarn-you did a lovely job on this knit!!! The Fair Isle-ish hat is stunning! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Maayan hat is especially lovely! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete