Sunday, July 30, 2017

Friends Rock

The upside to having surgery is that I've been overwhelmed by how many people have given me support. All the comments on my blog have meant so much to me. They truly helped me through this, especially those first few weeks.

And I have to give a special thanks to Rose of Sand in My Yarn, who sent me this bundle of knitting goodies:
I am so touched by all the thought she put into this. Inside the great mesh bag I found two darling tea strainers, fragrant Pumpkin Spice soap, darling crocheted Lantern Moon Stitch markers ...
... repositionable markers, washi tape, knitters gift tags that are adorable beyond belief, and sweet nail files that fit in any purse! Thank you so much, Rose! You really cheered me up at a tough time.

Another friend who went beyond and above is my childhood best friend, Joni. We were supposed to meet in Seattle, but my doctor said I could not fly this summer. Instead, she flew from Berkeley, Calif., to spend time with her post-surgical friend.
We had lots of craftsy adventures. But thats another post!

P.S. Now that she has headed back home, I'll be catching up on all your blogs.


15 comments:

  1. I don't know where I would be without thoughtful and wonderful friends. Love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that's the way to make someone feel MUCH, MUCH better. Glad you were still able to get together with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m so happy you are surrounded by loving friends near and far. !!!! Hope you feel really good. !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful friend that is why you have many wonderful people in your life. Rose is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an amazing assortment of goodies! Mmmm....pumpkin spice soap. I need to make some. I forgot all about it and I have the fragrance right here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a perfect post-surgery gift bag!

    I'm thrilled that your friend took the time to visit you from California. Good friends are hard to beat. I hope you're feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often think my blog friends are closer to me than my real-life friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a GREAT friend!!! Can't wait to read about your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you like your gift! I loved the one you sent me when I was struggling and I enjoyed putting your gift bag together for a post surgery treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surgery is never a good thing, but the wonderful loving kindness of friends makes recovery so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are feeling the love from us and from friends :) Sounds like you are feeling better and better every day! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to know that such kindness abounds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am happy that you are mending well and in good company! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing like a pkg of love OR a visit from a good friend to lift your spirits! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you got to see your friend but am very sorry you can't come West this year. Hope you are healing well! Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete