Saturday, July 15, 2017

Getting Out A Bit

I have been able to do a few outings since my surgery. The most fun was a visit to Studio You with my friends Marsha and Tsela.

I decided to paint some dessert plates as a wedding gift. It didn't occur to me to take a photo of the first one before it was taken away to be fired, but here is the second one:
As you can see, I'll have to go back to finish this one.
Both Marsha and Tsela are talented artists. Here's Tsela with the vase she painted. I reminded her when my birthday is.

Marsha had knee surgery a few weeks ago, so we both very much appreciate Tsela ferrying us around and putting up with our very slow walking pace.
For the most part, though, I'm just hanging around the house and trying to heal, welcoming visitors, knitting, reading and spending time with Nagi. He's very cute, but not much on conversation, as you can see.

Hope your weekend is relaxing and fun.

11 comments:

  1. Glad the healing is going so well you feel like getting out. The dessert plate is going to be adorable!!!

    I like the mug that Tsela made. Remind her when MY birthday is too, would you???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. We used to have a ceramic studio in our old neighborhood when I was a kid and my mom would take us to make holiday things all the time. I still have my big jack o'lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recovery can be a lonely time, so I'm thrilled to hear you have a driver and have been getting out to do some activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plate already looks so pretty before it is even fired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with that plate, and frankly the vase too. Can you tell your friend I just had a birthday? Glad you are healing, take time to rest my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah freedom! I'm guessing you were getting a case of mild cabin fever, so how lovely to have a friend take you out here and there! The plate looks lovely already... don't forget to show us the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are taking it easy, getting better takes lots of energy! I hope you will be out and about soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift you are making! I am glad you are enjoying creating so much beauty as you heal. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes a silent companion is the perfect healing partner! I am glad to see you are doing a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, combining the art and the wedding gift: Genius.
    Tsela sounds like the friend warrior who is there for you when you need it times two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you are getting out a bit. Both your plate and the vase are lovely. My birthday is in September in case either of you are interested - lol.

    ReplyDelete