Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Yes, Dear Reader, I Did

As most of you guessed, I did buy yarn at Ewetopia on Saturday. But I did not go crazy. I limited myself to one pattern and yarn to go with it. I think this poncho is going to be very practical, as well as pretty.
My love of color tends to drive my yarn choices, but this time I went with natural-colored yarn. I like the way it looks in the photo that on the pattern. However, this year's sheep gave off darker yarn, so mine will not have as much white as the one in the photo. That's OK. I invariably spill on anything white.
I'm still working my way through The Sixth Extinction. I've been doing too much of my reading at bedtime, so I went back last night and re-read a few chapters. It was worth the extra time. I'm still reading about historical extinctions, and it is just fascinating.  The author is a journalist, and her style is clear and engaging.

I want to start a second book, but I haven't decided between the two in the photo. Both look really good!

Don't forget to join with Kat for Unraveled today.

13 comments:

  1. Wow! You really behaved yourself in the store - lol. Your new yarn and pattern look lovely. I think I would like the poncho more with less white in it. Will be looking forward to seeing your start/progress/finish on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The variation in that grey yarn is stunning! Have fun with your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ewetopia; their yarn looks wonderful, and thank you for the enabling link! I think your poncho will be both beautiful and warm. Reading (and knitting) near bedtime is usually counterproductive for me, but I still haven't completely learned my lesson not to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice project to dig into-good color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that was restrained! Lovely poncho through and gorgeous yarn. I'm making my way through the handmaid's tale at the moment and I hope to get through some more this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a perfect choice! You can't go wrong with wool in real sheepy colors and who doesn't need a poncho? I wish I was wearing one now and it was 40 degrees out. I am so over summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the natural-colored yarn is lovely and will be an attractive poncho. Just think of all the bright-colored accessories you'll be able to wear with it to dress it up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see your poncho being your go to favorite choice to wear... warm, and classically colored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such restraint...only one project!! (but, it's a beauty!!!) I have Homegoing in my pile of to-reads, too. Trying to hold off and take it on our trip to Ghana in the early fall....but it might not last in the pile that long. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, excellent books! And, I love your yarn choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phew! I was worried ;) Your yarn purchase is beautiful and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The natural colored yarn and pattern are going to be perfectly matched. How can you not cast on immediately? ?Nicely done with the purchase

    ReplyDelete