Sunday, July 26, 2015

Stitching on Sunday

So, it's time to get back to stitching around this blog!
I've been embroidering a little bit at a time. I found this pale peach shirt at Goodwill, and it is the perfect canvas to try out one-color embroidering. This is the first section, and I like the way it's coming out so far.

My travel socks are pretty amazing -- thanks to dyer Jaala Spiro at Knit Circus.
I knit the first sock from the outside and started the second from the middle. I think I'm going to keep these for myself. I think they will look amazing in Birkenstocks. Besides, I'm not sure I know anyone else who would be seen in public with such crazy fun socks!

I biked for the first time since my shoulder injury (3 or 4 weeks ago) this weekend. I did a short ride yesterday, then ventured out for a 14-mile ride with a friend today. I was really dragging on the way home, but shortly after I got home it became clear that I have the stomach flu! So glad that I'm not too out of shape. Now I'm off to make some toast!

Hope your weekend was good.

9 comments:

  1. Those socks will be stunning, quite right to keep them! I really like the embroidery, it's something I would like to take up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no about that flu, thank goodness it waited until you got home. Love those socks anyone would be thrilled to wear them, but I am glad you are keeping thme for yourself.
    Feel Better,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh UGH! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    The embroidery on your shirt looks great! And I LOVE those socks. I have quite a few pair of crazy colors and I just love wearing them. The crazier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, So glad you are up on the bike again. LOVE your stitch work. You are great at it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those socks are super bright! FUN!!

    I really like the look of the one colour embroidery on that shirt - adds a subtle pattern and texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely keep the socks! Gorgeous and so cheerful. I hope you shoulder continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling lots better by now! Great socks; keep 'em! LOve, love that stitching. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidered shirt looks professional! Really well done! You know I'm in love with the socks and I love the idea of your color working. i'm very glad you are keepign them.

    Congrats to feeling good enough to ride again. Wishing you some good, safe, happy summer riding and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you've recovered from the stomach yuck. Yep, I'd wear those socks in a sec----and remember , I'm the grey-girl for all my real clothes. Socks are the exception!!! :)

    ReplyDelete