Friday, July 31, 2015

Can't. Stop. Making. Books.

It's a beautiful day here. Not a cloud in the sky, a mild 82 degrees. As part of my effort to live healthier, I biked to my parents' place this morning and had breakfast with them. I ordered oatmeal, even though pancakes were on special. Did I mention the wind is gusting up to 25 miles per hour? As a result, the ride home was on the slow side.

I've become slightly obsessed with making books. Here are just a few of the covers I've put together in the last week:
I love all the beautiful paper out there, and this is the best use I've found yet for it. These are all papers that I've brought home from various trips to Berkeley. Some of them have been waiting for the right project for years. My favorite paper is this one by the talented Geninne Zlatkis:
Before I went to Berkeley, I made the book below, using a page from an old atlas, and in Berkeley, I found the perfect little pouch to carry my book, a pencil, and some markers:
Have you noticed the blue mug that is showing up in a lot of my blog photos? Joni has one just like it that I've envied for years. When we found this one in an art gallery that features local artists, I just had to bring it home. It's the closest I can get to having coffee with her every morning!

I am glad to hear that I'm not boring my dear readers with socks because I have quite a few more to go! And I am liking All the Light We Cannot See a little more than I was earlier this week. It is kind of long and slow-moving.

13 comments:

  1. Your books are gorgeous! And what a fun way to remember you trips by buying nice paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute things on your blog today. Love the mug ......and the sweet thought that went into buying it.

    May you long share coffee with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful paper for your book making efforts, and such lovely memories to boot!
    Glad you found your mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful paper for your book making efforts, and such lovely memories to boot!
    Glad you found your mug too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The papers for your book making is really beautiful. I like your mug too. I'm glad that it brings such good sentiment to your morning coffee. But honestly? You got a blue ribbon from me for picking oatmeal over pancakes.Seriously, you're a role model, now. I don't think I can attain those standards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your books are awesome! I took a little knit break yesterday....
    I love the creative planning and execution too of new projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful paper and beautiful books! And you're right - that bird design is particularly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your books are looking wonderful. I am trying to get healthier and it is not easy is it?
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bird one! That's a fun-looking craft, and it looks like you are mastering it! Can't wait to see your next socks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your books look fantastic...what a wonderful way to use all that beautiful printed paper!!! I love the mug too....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love your books....I have this 'thing' for travel journaling and have collected probably way too many---waiting for their turn on a trip!!! At one point, I thought I'd like to make my own, but that just isn't too practical now!!! Socks....bring them on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good news book lovers, All the Light We Cannot See Audio-book is officially available on AudioBooksNow.

    ReplyDelete