Sunday, July 19, 2015

I Heart the Bay Area

You won't see Fisherman's Wharf here. I come here too often to play tourist! Joni and I went to San Francisco to see an exhibit about Amy Winehouse. Unfortunately I had failed to notice that it doesn't open until the 23rd!
So we did some museums and had lunch in Yerba Buena Park. It's right in the middle of the citiy and the views are gorgeous.
I am a bit of a hick. I am awed by big cities.
We also went to Lake Merritt in Oakland, where we saw this yellow-crowned night-heron:
and watched pelicans fish.
We found the BEST spice store in Oakland, near the lake: Oaktown Spice Shop. We bought a handful of spices and salts, but were especially excited about the Cyprus Citron Lemon Flake Sea Salt.
Oh, I can't forget to mention that we had Ghiradelli chocolate sundaes for lunch one day. When In San Francisco ....
That's my beloved friend, Joni. We met at summer camp in Wisconsin the summer for high school and have been BFFs ever since -- even though we have never lived in the same state!

I'll leave you with this very bizarre business we happened upon in Oakland:

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had great weather and a lovely time. Excellent picture of the heron! And I don't know about you, but I think a foot spa sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Kuma sounds GREAT to me --- a foot massage and a cuppa. I'd ooze out of there TOTALLY relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd make time for a foot massage too! It looks like you had some great girl time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to have a friend like that. It looks like your trip is so much fun.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, bummer about the exhibition but it looks like you managed to make the best of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, bummer about the exhibition but it looks like you managed to make the best of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! Sounds like an excellent trip, though, exhibit be damned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had some fun times! I love that you have such a wonderful and lasting friendship with your friend from summer camp. Oh that makes me believe in the goodness of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww camp pals to lifelong friends is a great story! I love your city pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog via Pumpkin Sunrise. I love your blog header - very colourful. I would love to go to a knitting camp sounds great fun. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta say, that looks like my kind of place :) Glad you are enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love San Fransisco!!! Looks like you had a great time!! Enjoy the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you grow up in WI then? (So did I!) SF is a great place! DD#2 lived/worked there for 10 years before she came back to the PNW, and we loved visiting.

    ReplyDelete