Sunday, December 28, 2014

Snowshoe We Did

It was relatively warm yesterday -- in the 20's -- so we hit the trails. It was peaceful and beautiful.

Notice that I am wearing a hand knit hat. The yarn is Madtosh but I cannot remember the name of the pattern -- just that it has been pretty popular!
Judy asked if I have read Truck, which she says is set in Chetek. Shamefully, I have not read any of Michael Perry's books. I really need to get around to them!

It is going to be hard to leave our little cabin tomorrow. But a predicted high of 9 degrees, will help motivate us to head back south!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like such a beautiful place to stay. Good for you two taking time for yourselves to celebrate each other.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never snow shoed but would love to do it one day. You look so sweet in your hat! Lovely getaway and I love cold weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something weird happened to my comment, so I will try again. Looks like you had a great time---except for the temperature! Folks around here think that the twenties is FRIGID. They don't know, do they? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Population 485 and I want to get Coop. I really liked the one I read, especially being the daughter and wife of former fire fighters from small towns.

    Love your hat ---- it goes great with that jacket. You are one *stylin'* snow-shoe*er.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like fun! It definitely makes me wish we had snow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos, looks like a lot of fun. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun. Love your hat. Will look up that author.
    I want some snow . Its entirely too gray in chicago right now

    ReplyDelete