Wednesday, December 10, 2014

You Probably Don't Remember This

I started this sock back in August when I went Up North with my friend Joni. It's the first of the Wishbone Socks.

 
It's a Nancy Bush design, so it is very well written. I am terrible at memorizing patterns, but this is at least easy to keep track of without a counter. (Sorry for fuzzy photo -- weak winter sun -- at least that's what I'm blaming!)

At this point you may be wondering, how many WIPs does Caffeine Girl have going now? Well, I don't know if I can count that high. I've realized there is a pronounced chaos to my knitting. I like to have lots of choices when I have some time to knit.

But there are also categories that I like to have WIPs in: easy knitting for socializing or watching TV; moderately challenging for listening to the radio or podcasts; and challenging projects that take my full attention. Still, that would only require me to have 3 WIPs at any time ... and I have a large multiple of that number sitting patiently in project bags.

I seem to have a weakness for starting projects. It's sort of like how I feel about buying books. Buying a book is a commitment to read a book -- and I like that feeling. I get the same satisfaction from casting on.

Oh well, there are worse vices!

I'm linking up with Keep Calm and Craft On here.

11 comments:

  1. I have no more than 3 WIPs going on at the same time. It really helps to actually finish something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. choices are ALWAYS good!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Steph ....choices are good, most of the time. Sometimes when I have too many choices nothing gets done because I can't make THE choice. LOL

    Your sock pattern is pretty and that color --- oooooooooooooo, that COLOR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a ton of WIPS right now. It helps not to get bored with a project, especially if you suffer from SSS....
    I had no idea you were in Madison, we should def get together and knit sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll match you WIP for WIP! (UFOs?) Love that sock pattern and the great color. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have very similar approaches to our WIPs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excuses excuses. lol.
    But really, I do love those socks (or sock I guess)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wishbone...Really you can memorize it? I usually can not do that!
    I am very committed to one project at a time. Im odd about it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is too short not to start a project when you want to. I started one last night!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Mereknits! life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I have a sock hiding somewhere that I started in July and another in October both without their pairs, so you are giving me hope. I have the same problem, when its time to return to those socks in my mind ... I'm casting on something new. But who cares! Let's have fun while we knit. There's so much other energy out there that we "have to", right?

    ReplyDelete