Saturday, December 13, 2014

An Almost FO

I am enchanted with the Babies & Bear Sweater. It is done except for the buttons:

And here is the back:
Do you think it would work for a boy or a girl? I don't have a recipient in mind; I knit it for the practice of making a sweater, so I tried to find yarn that would feel right for either gender. I'm sure a special baby will come along one of these days.

It's a quiet weekend here, which is nice before the holidays. I went for a walk and lunch with friends this morning, then came home and cooked a Mushroom Marsala recipe from Fine Cooking. It was good, but not great. I haven't decided if I'll keep the recipe. I love chicken Marsala, so it would be nice to have some other uses for a bottle of that wine.

I hope you are having a peaceful pre-holiday weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I think with the details of the pattern it would work for a girl and the color sure would work for a boy. Love those mitred front panels. Good job! It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsala is good, but you have to get the recipe just right. I love your sweater. The blues play very nicely into a cute baby gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for either, it is that wonderful color that works for both sexes. If you are worried plop a little flower on it if it is for a girl.
    Hugs and have a great week,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sweater for a boy OR a girl! Great finish!
    Im relaxing today..and knitting of course

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely boy or girl! if you want definite definite embellish with boy or girl buttons :) Lovely pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! It says boy to me though - baby boy blues, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could use plain buttons for a boy and some girly ones for a girl. That is on of my very favorite baby patterns. I think there's a big version also. What weight yarn did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it turned out really cute! I think you can go either way with this one -- and I second the comments about making it more girly with buttons, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's very gender neutral so I wouldn't worry about that. I can very clearly see the unusual construction method now, it looks cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this sweater looks so soft and cozy in this colorway! I put down the kid cardigan I was working on, I'm not as far along as you but it feels tedious right now, and I don't need it done until February which for now, seems like a safe amount of time/distance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely would work for either gender! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete