Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Great Way to Begin the Holiday Break

As the students poured into school Friday morning, this is what they were greeted by:

The guy on the right is our principal and some of our music teachers are joining him in a spirited holiday concert. I felt so lucky to be standing there, surrounded by my awesome team members and swinging to this trio.

It's a rough time for teachers, but I can't imagine another job that would have the same high points.

I'm enjoying my first day of break and I'm sure I'll enjoy every single day ... but I'll be happy to see my fellow teachers when we go back next year.

6 comments:

  1. Neat! I think the subliminal message here is that playing an instrument doesn't have to end just because you finish band or orchestra.

    Enjoy your holiday break! Hope there is lots and lots of MUSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! My son should do this at his school with his guitar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! He doesn't look very old, that principal! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fantastic break! I bet it will speed by and you'll by back in school in no time at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to finish the week.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete