Saturday, December 27, 2014

Literally in the Lap of Luxury

Keith and I have decided this is our honeymoon. We are holed up on a luxury cabin in northwest Wisconsin courtesy in part of a gift certificate my brothers gave us for our wedding back in February.
Canoe Bay is on the middle of nowhere, east of Chetek, which is north of Eau Claire, where I worked my first newspaper job. The cabin could not be cozier.
We had at least 2 inches of snow last night so I think we'll be able to snowshoe today. Breakfast was delivered to our door at 8 this morning!
It is the perfect place to spend time together, read and do some charity knitting:

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know you just got married! That looks like a great cabin for a honeymoon!

    Steve and I went to his auntie's cabin in the Pocono mountains when we were dating. I knew if I could spend several days in a very small cabin with no tv and no radio and just this one other person ....we could spend the rest of our lives together. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love it! Steve and I spent the week after our wedding in a beach house in December and it was perfect! Quiet and relaxing,must what we needed. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lovely. I have never had a chance to experience a place like that, but I love seeing and hearing about people who do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Canoe Bay sounds wonderful! And with breakfast delivered, what a treat! Have you read the book Truck? It takes place in Chetek. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Honeymoon. IT looks like OUR kind of getaway! Enjoy nature and each other

    ReplyDelete