Tuesday, December 23, 2014

It's All About the Color

I am loving this Clinton Cowl. It's one of those potato-chip knits where you just want to get to the next color change:

This project is helping me improve my speed on two-color knitting -- not that I'll ever be near fast. I have given up on the ideal two-handed style; I just can't knit with my left hand. Instead I've developed my own quirky style, which would surely disgust Alice Starmore. But it works for me and I'm OK with the speed.

The cowl seems like it's kind of a weird size, but I won't be able to tell until I finish and block it, so I'm not worrying about it yet!

Today is my family's official Hanukkah celebration. I loved having all eight days when my children lived at home, but now that isn't going to happen. They both had finals for the first few days, and Rachel was in Miami until hers were done. However, both of them, and my parents, will be here later today for latkes, candles, and gifts!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Hanukkah! Wishing you a joyful celebration with your children and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful family celebration! Love that cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays! I love your stripes that are happening on your cowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Hanukkah to you :) may 2015 shine bright x

    The cowl is wonderful in its colourful joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks almost woven to me! lovely pop of color! happy Hanukkah to you and your family! (I have a Rachel as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Hannukah. !!!!! I love your color knitting

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I totally understand why you want to get to the next color!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays my friend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete