Thursday, December 18, 2014

Not So Hard

I think I bought the pattern and yarn for the Clinton Cowl a few years ago. It's a Borroco pattern and the yarn is Berroco Vintage. When I bought it, I was worried it was too hard for me, which is probably why it sat around for so long, just languishing in my stash.

Something -- I don't know what -- inspired me to dig it out (which wasn't all that easy as I have my stash stowed away all over the house). I started knitting and -- it's not so hard after all!
It's a simple Fair Isle pattern, with stripes that spiral. There are 8 colors in all, so it shouldn't be a boring knit.

I've started the third season of the Killing, so I can see this cowl just flying off the needles.

And the week is flying by -- just two more days until winter break! I can't wait to do nothing but read and knit! And make cookies, of course.

8 comments:

  1. Even in the picture that yarn looks soft! Love the stranded portion --- very pretty!

    As for cross stitching on paper ---- it's not so bad to frog out portions. The paper is pretty sturdy. I've surely made my share of mistakes. LOL

    Have fun on your break! Reading, knitting and cookies --- sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eyeing that pattern for so long.. I've been doing similar fair isle on some mitts recently and I agree it's not as hard as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty pattern. I'm glad you've picked this up. I'm glad to know someone else has their stash all over the house too :)

    I'm excited for your knitting and cookie baking break. I don't have the amount of time off I'd like, but I get a good stretch filled with a lot of good things, so I am not complaining, necessarily! Just it will be more social than the knitting would like, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking pretty fantastic from here. Have a wonderful break, you deserve it after working so hard.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love LOVE love it! I cannot wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks fabulous! Absolutely love the little bits of the brighter blue peeking out. Cannot wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful start! What kind of cookies? i never met a cookie I didn't like

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I love Berroco vintage! Looks like you're doing a great job. Happy Holidays, and enjoy that break!!!

    ReplyDelete