Monday, February 10, 2014

On My Dream List

I am absolutely dying to knit this:

I rarely buy Vogue Knitting. The patterns tend to be too "runway" for me. Not quite right for a down-to-Earth Midwestern girl. The minute this cover caught my eye, I knew I'd be purchasing this issue.

Even the downside wasn't a problem. This gorgeous cowl uses an armful of Koigu sock yarn. Kind of pricey. However, I had a gift certificate that I had held onto since my birthday in September -- is that self-control, or what? -- and that same store is selling kits of yarn for this pattern!

Apparently I'm not the only one who is swooning over this cowl. The staff at the store told me that these kits are flying off the shelf!

What are you dying to knit?

7 comments:

  1. That is really striking! Sounds like it was meant to be, having a voucher for the LYS that has the kit for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick! Get the kit! That's an awesome cowl. My dream knit is the Henry VIII sweater from Alice Starmore. Someday I'll suck it up and order the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say bday money and ready-made-kits are as good a reason as any to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, that one's really tempting me as well - like you, I actually took a real look at an issue of Vogue Knitting!

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting - it's nice to "meet" you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there ever was a good things come to those that wait moment , this cowl would surely be it ! You just have to buy the kit ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the irony, I want to knit that cowl too. maybe someday....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cowl should be so fun to knit! I would like to make something like that myself. I'm also making a few baby things for a baby girl - focusing on hats for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete