Friday, February 21, 2014

FO Friday: A Viral Pattern


Finished but unblocked: Hermione's Everyday socks, a gift for my darling niece Rebecca. I didn't pick this pattern because it was popular -- I didn't even realize it was popular when I cast on. Rebecca is a Harry Potter fan and purple is her favorite color, so the two just came together. This is a great little pattern: easy, fast, but a with enough of a pattern to ward off boredom.

The yarn is Regia Extra Twist Merino. I don't remember where I bought it, but I haven't seen it again. And that's a shame because it is lovely to work with a creates a soft fabric. The color-blocking that shows in the photo is much less pronounced in reality. The yarn is splitty, though, so I would not use it for lace.

I have always loved waffle-weave fabric, so it's no wonder that I like this pattern.

Don't forget to to check out other FOs with Tami Amis.

7 comments:

  1. It is a lovely and simple pattern. And I love the colour of your yarn - makes me think of fruit juice and summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pattern/yarn combination. I think I've used that yarn too - I agree, the resulting fabric is lovely and soft, but very splitty to knit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to cast on some of those, what a lovely pattern. Your color and yarn goes so well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed - I adore the colour it's fab :)
    Martina

    ReplyDelete