Friday, February 14, 2014

FO Friday: Thanks to Kirsten

I have finally finished the mitts "recipe" offered up by Kirsten Kapur of Through the Loops:

It is perfect TV knitting. I used a skein of Pidgeonroof Studios yarn I picked up a few years ago in San Francisco. It is soft and silky -- and very pretty. I think this is a great pattern when you want the yarn to take center stage.

I made the hand a bit longer than called for. Hey, it's been cold around here! I am happy to say that we hit 20 degrees F yesterday. It's almost like summer!

I'm looking forward to a great weekend. My daughter is visiting from Washington, D.C.  She's in the state on business, but was sweet enough to set her trip up so that she'd have some family time.

Don't forget to check out other FOs with Tami Amis!

8 comments:

  1. Yummy Yummy yarn! What a great project to showcase it. I don't think I've seen that recipe, I must look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mitts! I hear you on the cold, I am looking forward to next where where they are saying it might be above freezing for the first time in a long long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely yarn choice - and I love the baby girl blanket you posted about - it's going to look adorable when it's finished :)
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw cute mitts. I need to get round to making myself another pair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mitts , I love the colours !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of pattern to show off such a pretty colorway!

    ReplyDelete