Monday, February 17, 2014

Gray Day, Bright Colors


They've forecast ANOTHER day of gray skies here in southern Wisconsin. However, today I have an antidote:


My daughter thinks these colors are horrifyingly bright. I think they are beautifully saturated.

I am almost done with my first pair of Hermione's Everyday Socks. They are lovely in a heathery purple, but from looking through Rav projects, I knew I wanted to try the pattern in a colorway that would show the pattern better.

So far, I am loving these! The yarn is Regia, color number 05048. These colors are what's inspiring me today. For more information, pop over here for Inspiration Monday on A Baby's Smile Knits.

P.S. She has a great badge for Inspiration Monday. Can anyone help me figure out how to add it to my posts?

4 comments:

  1. You can probably just add it as a photo if you save it to your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colours definitely beautifully saturated I'da say :)

    Oh and if you want to add a link up button on your post the best way to do it is copy the html code from the linkup page (it's in the little box below the button on her blog page) and then go to edit post on your post. Where it says compose there will be a button beside it called Edit html. You click this and then paste the code where you want the button to appear - it's usually easiest to put it at the bottom of the page.

    Hope this helps - if you get stuck just let me know and I'll help you out :)
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rainbows, perfect for a cloudy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect pop of colour on a grey day - it will show off the subtle pattern of the Hermoine's, too.

    ReplyDelete