Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIP Wednesday

My heartfelt thanks go out to all my blog readers for their words of support. It took me a couple weeks to understand how serious a broken leg is -- hey, it's my first broken bone! -- and I appreciate all the support.

As I predicted when I was first laid up, there has been knitting. It is one of the few things I can do with my leg elevated above my heart! I pulled this out of the knitting basket:


When I pulled this Hecate out, it was about twice as big. I went into the next lace section and found that my stitch count was off so far that even I could not fudge it! I had not put in a single lifeline (dumb, dumb, dumb!), so I figured it would be just as easy to start over.

So here I am. I was hoping to have this for summer traveling, but I did lose a lot of time. Still, I figure it's better to do it right than to finish on time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah, how was your day today? I will check in often to see how you're getting along. I did make it to the post office as promised, so be on the lookout for a little something. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's frustrating. And exactly something I'd do. You're right, it's better to rip out and start again .... this time with lifelines please! Gorgeous blue!

    If your broken bone experience is like mine, I think you have to plan for the late afternoon headaches and bone aches. Simple knitting then I'd think ... or TV or magazines.

    ReplyDelete