Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pink and pink

I had my first cast removed Monday, and the news was good. The x-ray showed that the surgeon did an amazing job. The bone is healing in perfect alignment! The four screws and metal plate make me look a little bionic. They may cause me trouble at airport security, but I'm grateful for them.

I could not pass up choosing the pink cast. I'm actually more of of a blue girl, but pink just seems right for spring. As for that skein of yarn. I want to knit a matching toe cover (it's still cold here at night). I'm not very good at toe-up so this will be a good learning experience.

Since the x-ray looked so good, I went back to work on Tuesday, and I was overwhelmed by the welcome I got from my students. As a special education teacher, I do a lot of behavior management, which includes pushing them to follow rules and do their work. Sometimes I worry that I don't have time for enough positive interactions! But, I guess I do OK.

It's good to be getting back out into the world, but it is also very exhausting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that's super news that you're back at work and that your leg is healing nicely. And I love the idea of a toe cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pink cast -- adorable! Wonderful that you are healing up well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a "pink" gal! Glad to hear that you're back at work too, especially since it's only for a bit since I can almost smell summer vacation getting nearer. You'll have to let me know if your son decides to go to Davis. I can tell you all of the restaurants to try when you go see him. LOL I'm no sure if my daughter loves it as much as we do. Her classes are really challenging, and she's used to being the top without much effort....It's been a good wake up call for her.

    ReplyDelete