Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Kindness Of A Knitter

Kathy of Knitting Off the Grid has to be one of the nicest knitters -- people, even -- on the planet. Out of sympathy for my broken leg, she sent me this package:

Isn't this amazing?! Two -- count'em two -- skeins of sock yarn and an adorable knitted bracelet. If you like the bracelet, check out her blog (link above) to see more. She's one of those people who can just knit stuff -- without a pattern. I don't think I'll ever get that far!

Anyway, my heartfelt thanks goes out to Kathy. This broken-leg stuff is hard. I keep reminding myself that at least my situation is temporary -- unlike so many of our soldiers and victims of terrorism. Still, it's the kindness of people like Kathy that gets me through each day.

And do check out Kathy's blog. They really do live off the grid in a beautiful part of California!

No comments:

Post a Comment