Thursday, May 2, 2013

Because I finished a pair of socks while I was on bedrest yesterday, I gave myself permission to start this pair of socks:



The pattern is Froot Loop from Knitty. It's been on my Ravelry queue for ages. I was prompted to make it when I saw a finished pair knit by Bells Knits, which turned out beautifully.

The yarn comes out of my stash: Lion Brand Sock Ease. I picked this up on clearance; it's regularly about $10, but I nabbed it for $3.99 at Joanne Fabrics. I didn't look it up on Ravelry until I had cast on, and I am dismayed by some of the negative comments. While many knitters said the yarn was nice to work with and wore well, others reported multiple knots and splittyness. The scariest comment claimed that wear the yarn is like walking on fiberglass particles.

I decided to go with the positive commenters and hope for the best.

Yesterday I stayed in bed all day because moving my leg hurt so much. My friend Marsha was kind enough to come by around noon and get me some lunch. Today, though, I'm out of bed and hanging out in a comfy chair in the sunniest part of my living.  The sun alone has really helped me perk up!

3 comments:

  1. Such a bummer to be laid up, but you are truly finding the "silver lining." I love the color of your socks, and hope the positive comments are the ones who end up being right:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, pink socks for spring! That's a cute pattern. At least you didn't pay full price for the yarn -- though the fiberglass particles comment isn't exactly inspiring. Rest up and work on healing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a lovely pattern! I hope you enjoy it and the yarn and that you're not in too much pain.

    ReplyDelete