Sunday, May 19, 2013

When Knitting is Practical

Well, my first original design is on the foot:


The pinks actually look better in real life. This is definitely more attractive that pulling on a sock and rolling it back. There is a problem: It doesn't stay on very well, so I'm going to have to figure out a way to fix that.

The photo above is not the greatest photo because I took it with my new iPhone. I never had any interest in paying for a smart phone until I broke my leg. Having this little gadget that allows me to check my email and look things up on the Web and maintain a calendar without calling out "Keith, can you get my (fill in the blank)?" has been a sanity-saver. Also the sound quality on phone calls is much better, which is important to because I do have a hearing loss. I have to say that I am in love with my phone!

As someone said to me yesterday: "Welcome to 2013." I'm glad to be here; too bad it took a broken leg to get this far!"

1 comment:

  1. You know, I had exactly that same coloured cast on my arm when I broke it many years ago. Although because I didn't want to pay to upgrade to fiberglas and the doctor said this was the least popular colour so he gave it to me for free.

    I wasn't much of a cellphone person until I got my iPhone. And then I realized that I didn't use my cellphone much before, because it couldn't do all the things I want. Nowadays there are days when I don't turn on my computer at all.

    ReplyDelete